[PS3] Gran Turismo 5

VELOCIPEDE

L'ultimo - e sempre divertente - spot di Sony con protagonista Kevin Butler, il fittizio vice-presidente impegnato in tutti i pi

Sony Shows off 3D Gran Turismo 5 to the Public...in Tokyo

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179554

Gran Turismo 5 didn't look markedly better or worse in 3D when compared to its showing at TGS last year. However, it suffered from the "pop-up book look" that many 3D images do--the game looked as if it was composed of several 2D images layered on top of each other. Movies that are filmed in 2D and brought to 3D via CGI tend to suffer from the same problem (think Clash of the Titans or Alice in Wonderland.)

Though 3D images can be hard to watch for a long period of time, GT5 was relatively easy to look at. This is thanks in large part to the game not using any strong depth of field effects. Often times the 3D image in a game or movie is broken when the viewer tries to examine an object that the camera is not focused on. The brain tries to process the object, but the eyes can't bring it into focus, creating an odd effect that causes headaches or nausea in some. All objects in GT5, regardless of location, are rendered without any post-processing blur, so no matter where we looked on the screen, we could focus easily.

Sony Computer Entertainment France is very proud to announce its partnership with Team Peugeot Sport for the 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans. Sony Computer Entertainment France is engaged in the sports world since its launch, especially in the field of auto racing. Besides the commitment of Sony Computer Entertainment France in the car does not stop at 24 hours Le Mans and extends to several French pilots. The first of of them is Sebastien Loeb, six times World Champion Rally which we partner for over 10 years. [...]

In this connection, George Fornay, VP of SCE Europe and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment France said:

Gameplay of GT Nürburgring 2010 demo by a visitor driving the 2008 Dodge Viper ACR using a Driving force GT. Track is Nürburgring 24h layout/configuration with spectators around the track watching the race. There were only 8 cars on track but i’m positive there’ll be more on final release.
I have no idea about the settings used in this video.
Physics seemed a little bit more like Time Trial Demo than what it was in GT5 CES 2010 demo.
Video recorded in 1080i from 1080p Bravia screen, using a tripod and a Canon Legria HF200.
Note : There were two demos around the Playstation truck running on PS3 Test : one time limited and the other with unlimited number of laps but none of them had the replay function. AI drivers now have names (selected randomly ?) : Titus, Grant, Shawn, Keagan, Jasper, Giovanni, Rodrigo, Keith, Haiden, Phoenix, Yahir, Humberto, Jimmy, Jason, Kai, Jayson, Russell, Jared, Milton, Carlos, Omari, Harper, Zachary, etc. I think it’s part of the "more human IA experience" ; maybe one name is linked to one particular behaviour just like in NFS Shift. No more active stability management setting (ASM) in the option menu. Engine noises still sound a "little" poor. The sparks effect looked very poor to me as well, at least, we know sparks will be there.
Graphics seemed to have improved a little bit. Atmosphere around the Nürburgring changed, it was less yellowish than the one in GT5 CES 2010 demo (seasons changes ?). The whole experience felt more like PC sims, with subtle handling and accurate track details but low on effects or polygons ; whereas games like Dirt that have beautiful 3D moving trees and lots of visual effects but got an arcade handling.