(W.I.P.) BDST - 80's IMSA GTO/GTU Mod

VELOCIPEDE

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=315289

BDST is excited and proud to announce the start of an all new mod for GTR2. This will be a mod like no other. We have the P&G mod, we have an 80's prototype mod, and we have mods converted from GTL for GTR2...NOW!!!

WE HAVE?

IMSA GTO/GTU RACING Presented By BDST

The gang at BDST are putting together a team to recreate a period in mortor racing history for you. In the mid 1980's the IMSA sactioning body had great success with there GTO/GTU classification. These series were based on production cars from vertually every manufacturer. Companies like Chevrolet, Ford, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Dodge, and Mercury. American car manufacturers you expect to compete in an American series. But; IMSA not only got the American car companies to back the series with there products; but, they got names like Porsche, Audi, Mazda, Ferrari, Nissan, and Toyota to support the series. Still the only series to have a diversity of manufacturers on the same track at one time. This series was unpresidented and remains it to this day. No other series has ever been able to do what IMSA did in the 80's with it's GT series.

A simple idea. Take manufacturers from all around the world and bring them together on different levels to tracks. Everything from hardcore 12 and 24 hour races. To short, stint races. Give them two classification. A GTO class to run the big dawgs. And a GTU class for smallest less powerful cars. Then set them all loose on one track. It made for some interesting racing.

The GTO cars were cars like the Camaro, Corvettes, Mustang, Audi, and 300 Turbos. Just meantion a few. These cars ran a "O" classification. Which meant that there engine was "Over" 2.5 L's in size. The GTU cars were 240SX's, Mazda MX6, Pontiac Fieros, and Celicas. Just to meantion a few of them. They carried the "U" classification. Which meant the there engines were(you guessed it) "Under" 2.5 L's in size.

So; what does all this mean. One smoke'n hot "MF'n" mod.

This is just getting started. It will not be finished overnight. Right now we actually need your help. Any modelers interested in helping to make these cars; please come forward. There are many cars that will have to be modeled from scratch. Roughly 25 new, never before seen cars in GTR2. We are looking for modeler interested in putting in the effort to make this a top notch mod. we also need those of you who know physics, painting, and have other skills that will help. If you are interested please post here and I or one of the members of BDST will contact you individually.

Below I have included pictures of the proposed cars. I hope we have a great response and I hope there are those of you interested in helping.

Stay tuned?

post-2-1207137540_thumb.jpg