Historic GT & Touring Cars v1.96

VELOCIPEDE

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

well, yep, I guess I can give you a little update... :)

Basically we're focused in some minor aspects of the cars before the release.

For example, the best way to include upgrades, some final aspects about physics, etc. We've tested the installer to check different GTL versions, as well as in different OS (XP & Vista), and it worked fine.

About graphics, we've decided to include in the default installation the highest quality textures, and probably release a Low quality texture pack for those of you with old computers.

As you may imagine, that means that we had to convert most of the textures again, to have both versions. And you know, this mod doesn't include just one car and a couple of skins. If I'm not wrong we've more than a hundred of cars in this moment :D

Even considering the mod has a very good FPS performance (including night races, as we're using an exclusive solution which hasn't been used in rF before), we think that low quality feature will be welcomed for some people. Anyway, we've seen that most of the players can use the high quality textures and the game will run smoothly even if their system is not up to date.

Apart of that we're still including liveries in the mod. Those of you who have a good knowledge of the Historic FIA season will know that GTL didn't include all the cars of 2004's season.

In fact, it seems that SimBin decided to mix 2004 & 2005 liveries for GTL, and they didn't included all the liveries in the game (don't ask me why, may be it was a matter of disk space or whatever).

So, we're reorganizing the seasons correctly, and creating these liveries that were not included, or at least part of them.

But may be you're wondering about models also...

The Abarth TCR model is almost finished, and has changed a lot comparing it with the pictures we've released before. We don't know yet if we're going to include the latest version of this model in v1.0, as we don't want to delay the release too much. But it will include its final physics anyway. And if the latest model is not included in v1.0 it will be in the next update.

Almost the same goes for the Ferrari 365 Daytona.

We're thinking about having some surprise more for 1.0, but we'll see. :)

And yep, we're already working in the next update of the mod. In that update you'll get a lot of scratch made cars. And I'm not talking just about one or two cars...

But that's something we're not going to share with you yet. As soon as we get closer to the release of 1.0 we'll start to introduce you the cars you'll see in the future.

About screenshots, we prefer to not flood the forums with pics, as well as keeping some cool things until the release date. Anyway, we'll still releasing some pic from time to time.

You already know the release is planned for 2008's Q2, but we're still needing some weeks to finish it, so stay tuned :)

Hope this update will be enough.

Take care!

64da6e61ba5ffe51c2edebae7bfe3tt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...