Etcc 2003 Conversion Is Arriving...

simoneser

i m trying to explain the way we want go :

actually the gmt is mapped like this :

one mesh by team ==>multiply id for the chassis only ==>multiply textures for one team

so for shaded spec and bump all the teams in one category of car if you have 30 teams for one car you

and have to make multiple .gen and Spinner.gen for make the car renderer in rfcator

need to make 30 times the same work :dizzy: 30 teams = 30 .gen and 30 spinner.gen like simoneser work

hard way !! :angry2: possible but very hard way !!

in rf for all the mod who exist you have this thing :

one mesh for all the team of a category of car ===>one id for the chassis (wccarbody) ==>one unique texture mapped for the chassis (body.dds ) and the skin of the team is write in the .veh

so for shad spec and bump you have to make the job only one time :smile: and only one .gen and spinner.gen

easy way :up:

for go in this way we need to remake the mapping in one mesh by type of car in this case we can make the etcc03 mod rfactor approuved

Guest M@D69

Yoss, I perfectly understand the issue since this was the common way to create the game folders with F1Ch mods, and I know that this could be a pain in the ness if applied to rF file structure. However, there's no need to have different spec and bump maps for each car included in the mod. Once each single texture section (e.g. the fron -FR one) will be called as WCEXTRA01, and it will have a proper bump and spec map applied (let's suppose ALFAFR_S.dds for shining and ALFAFR_B for bump mapping), there's no need to duplicate them for each car. You'll have a single common GEN file for all the Alfas. into each single team folder you'll have a proper (let's suppose) texture called 01EXTRA01.dds, 01EXTRA02.dds for car No.1, 02EXTRA01.dds, 02EXTRA02.dds for car No.2 and so on. The Bump and spec textures will be common to both the cars (and all the other Alfas), no need to have different ones... At least if you won't manage different effects for each car (as it happened sometimes with our NAGT mod). I'm using the same method to allow differently colored rims in the Leon Supercopa mod.

This should do the trick :up:

The only reason why you could need different bump and spec maps is if you want to apply a particular shader (sorry, by now I'm @work and no max in my hands) that allows beautiful metallic paint effects depending on Spec map shininess (grey scale). If a liverie is completely metallic (see NAGT Volvo skin) while another one is just "normal", this is a case where you could need different spec maps (and, then, two different GEN files) :)

P.S: sorry, as I said I can't check max here in office, I'm trying to go on explaining using only memory :)

don't know this way :??:

i m understand i think

can you give me a exempl in the car03 max file i give you? remade the file with your method as you can :up:

Edited by NFR_Yoss