McLaren F1 Challenge 3.5

Guest Uff

Nuova fisica versione 1.2

Due to the work on the graphics component of the 1.2 update taking longer than expected, and that a few things needed adjusting in the physics, I am releasing the physics update 1.2 as an interim "patch". Braintez has been delayed by real life stuff, and there is several important updates in the new physics that many have been waiting for, and a couple that are important to human drivers as well as those that are for the AI.

A recent discovery is that the car numbers as defined in the VEH files, are alphanumeric, not numeric. They were in the form "MCF1_01" rather than just "1" or "01". This has caused the xml files exported from online races, to be incomplete or incorrect by not containing those cars in the race stats. Addon cars with proper numbers did show up, however. At least one league running the McLarens found this problem. This problem, and the lack of heating of the rear brakes, (causing front lockup or poor braking), combined with the delay in the work to improve frame rates, made it urgent enough to release this now, rather than wait for the full 1.2 update.

The following is from the 1.2 readme:

Physics Update v 1.2 May 24 2006 by Dave Purdy

This is an interim update/patch for the McLaren mod for rFactor. It presumes you have version 1.1 already. Only the newly updated files are included.

Fixes and updates in this version:

1. Rear brake heating / cooling adjusted so the rear brake temps are similar to the front brakes for any brake duct setting used.

2. AI tire grip parameters adjusted to allow the AI to be competitive for an entire fuel run.

3. Many setups provided for the AI, which can also be used at least as starting points for human drivers.

4. Sound programming adjusted for improved sounds, for now. Some new recordings may be included with the full update.

5. Tire wear factors for the soft, medium and hard compounds brought closer together, so the tire compounds can be used according to the different heating effects that different tracks produce. The soft tires will provide better results, when temperatures are too low with medium tires. Qualifying tires remain solely for qualifying. I wanted those to go at least a second faster, but only for one or two laps

6. Small adjustments to various things to improve the ranges of engine brake mapping, engine cooling, as well as brake duct cooling to make things work better.

7. Addition of three levels of "power steering" in the upgrade options, so you can pick the level without changing your base control settings from this mod to others, (hopefully).

8. The car numbers in the veh files have been updated to just 01 and not MCF1_01, (for example). This was causing a problem with xml results files.

9. Overall base downforce reduced very slightly, but the rear wing opened to 12 to account for some tracks. Existing setups may be slightly looser, as the car steers and turns better, with a suspension geometry improvement.

Graphics updates will come with the final full 1.2 update. So frame rate improvements aren't ready yet. (A 7800 will cure it too, heh.

Since the rFm file is remaining the same for now, no new "official" version number will be displayed online. I would ask servers updating to this physics update, should indicate "1.2" in the server name for now, so people will know which servers are updated.

I am not sure at the moment what the time frame is on the rest of the update. Sorry for the delay.

Unzip this file to your \rFactor folder. There is a \GameData folder only in there, with the usual \GameData\Vehicles\McLaren-F1 subfolders. All of the team folders are included, but with only the veh files in them, as the car numbers have been updated.

NOTE: that this patch is to update version 1.1, and will NOT work correctly as an update to 1.0, since the MAS files are not included. If you still have 1.0, please update to 1.1 first, then apply this patch.

I guess this will be sort of a public beta test of the update since any issues that may be found, (if any), can be addressed when the full 1.2 arrives

download qui

• 2 months later...

Nuova versione 2.0 http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?I...0F1%20Challenge

McLaren F1 GTR / LM by braintez, physics by Dave Purdy. Additional graphics work by Pain-less and PeterV

Version 2.0

Install to your \rFactor folder.

Physics Changes:

1. Added new tire curves to improve tire simulation. Front end bites better now.

2. Added a bit of base downforce to bring values closer to real values.

3. Improved braking, and added adjustable brake discs for fine tuning the brakes.

4. Spring rates in the garage appear to be higher, but not really. Changed spring multiplier to 1.00 and set internal values to the real numbers, to reveal true spring rates in the garage, and reduced number of spring settings available from 16 to 9. Lowest setting is 1200 lbs/in (old setting was 571 x 2.1 = 1197 lbs)

5. Reduced the number of damper settings from 12 to 10, and reduced overall damper stiffness slightly, since the lowest setting was too stiff before, and the highest was very much too stiff. (Setups may need a notch or two more shock setting than before to be the same stiffness as with v 1.2).

6. LM engine updated to 680 HP

7. Additional mass added to both classes to include driver weight of 70 kg. LM was also lightened by 70 kg, so remains as is actually, but is considered to be 70 kg lighter.

8. All VEH files updated with new class designations to help online filtering and pit groups. See below, regarding Addon cars.

9. Updated AI setups, (also suitable for humans, maybe). AI improved in general.

Graphics Changes:

1. Improved and added LODs. FR should be somewhat better on lower end machines. Thanks to PeterV for input on this.

2. Installed PeterV's 360 degree cockpit in the MAS. New collision and damage effects.

3. Cam views improved. Cockpit seat range has improved.

4. Addon Cars: All veh files updated for class and category. Addon cars will show up as "McLaren F1", these original cars are now "McLaren-F1" in the car selection screen, so perhaps any Addon cars should be updated as well. Please refer to any of the supplied cars for examples of how personal addon car veh files should be modified.

AI Updated. The AI run very competitively at just 100% strength, (maybe even too fast, lol, and even with 97% aggression, at the tracks tested, that have AI setups, very minor bumping was encountered. Professional driving at high aggression, really! Please report any different behaviour at any particular track if you find any.

This update is a complete install, and the entire update should be installed over any existing 1.2 version, overwriting all previous files, or can be installed alone.

Thanks to "PeterV", "Pain-lesss" and all the testers, who all helped to make this possible.

Version 2.0 is just a bit harder to drive during the warmup laps, but is ultimately a bit faster, because the basic handling has been improved to eliminate certain odd quirks it had before. Turn in is improved for one. This is to make it behave more "realistically" as a car. Despite being better, it is also, slightly more difficult at the limit, and will get more wheelspin at low speeds, or even medium speed turns where the car might get light. The tire warmup is at least 2 timed laps, making it a bit harder on cold tires, (more like a real car that way), but grip is noticeably better once the tires are up to spec. Setups may need some adjusting, due to slight aero and shock adjustments, but not much.

There is one known issue that was left for now. The left of the three "gauges" disappears when running offline, but mysteriously appears when online! I haven't solved this, as I have a lot to learn about that part of things, but when I do get that together, the plan is to have the tiny hard to see gas gauge actually work, lol. That gauge cluster has no function other than esthetics anyway. At some point I will get some help to fix the remaining details that are not quite right in the graphics model. But some things needed to be updated now with the new 1150 rFactor, so this new update has become necessary at this time.

Enjoy! I hope you will find driving this car as immersive as I do.

Ho appena finito il download: le versioni precedenti le adoravo, se sono rimasti sulla stessa linea credo proprio che il McLaren F1 si confermer

• 7 months later...

McLaren F1 Challenge 3.0

Changes/Additions:

- Improved damage model

- Changes to cockpit including virtual mirrors, analog gauges and a new steering wheel

- New brake and headlights

- Integration of the new upgrades feature in rFactor giving the ability for drivers to purchase upgrades

- New emaps - Additional Paints by braintez and Frank Amend

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?I...0F1%20Challenge

E' tornato il mio mod a ruote coperte preferito assieme alla Gallardo degli iDT! Si torna a bruciar gomma a Laguna Seca! :biggrin: :!!: